Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Who woulda' thunk it!

I never knew a simple test could give me so much insight into my management "type."  To be honest I thought at first it was all bs, but when I saw the results I was (pleasantly-at times) surprised!  I bet at this point you'd love to know what I got...well here it is:

My management type turned out being: "Ci"

The "C" stands for concientiousness and influence, and is apparently by dominant personality.  In such a personality, one is diplomatic when dealing with others, very detail oriented, and rather analytical.  People have come upto me saying I'm a "people person" but never really understood until I got the results of this test.  Afterwards I realized I am pretty good at handling sticky situations and keeping everyone happy.  Not going to lie, this definitely made me feel good about myself! Haha. 

the "i" stands for influence.  This supposedly means that I'm articulate, create a motivational environment, and make a favorable impression on people as well and generate enthusiasm within a group.  At first, I didn't really understand how I speak "articulately," however after this test I went to my cousin's birthday party and met a few of her friends.  The next day she said, "Oh my friend so-and-so really liked you.  She said you speak very well and are easy to talk to."  I instantly started laughing and said, "wow these tests can be right sometimes."  I'm not saying that these tests are 100% accurate, however its interesting to see the few similarities you see between yourself and your results sometimes. 

Do I think one can change their management personality?  Well, I mean if you make such a HUGE effort to purposely act differently or something I guess you can, but I don't think it'll last.  Your natural reactions will come out at some time or another and I think its better to be yourself rather than change yourself and be fake.  I personally wouldn't want to do that.  I mean sure, if a certain aspect of your personality is detrimental to you doing your job well then yes, you should work on improving yourself but not to the point where you can't recognize yourself.

As far as taking such tests, yes I think they're fun and interesting.  Do I think they're necessary?  Probably not.  On the surface you may not see any problem with such a test, but sometimes seeing a certain result may cause someone to have a preconceived notion about you which may or may not be true!  One's personality can be seen pretty easily just by interacting with them, I don't think a test is something one needs to determine how a person is.

No comments:

Post a Comment